First, just a quick note to my Camp NaNoWriMo buddies: I finally figured out how to get us all into the same cabin. Here’s the word sent from “above.”
3. Cabins are reassigned daily at around 4 am PST. Make sure to request each other during the same cycle, and your chances will be good!
So, I’ve made my changes and my request for a new cabin with all of you in it and hope this works out. I could use the encouragement right about now!
As to the my novel itself, however . . . I’m limping along (a pun for those of you who know I’m dealing with a torn medial meniscus on my left knee). Writing through pain meds is, uh, interesting, and provides unique characters and plot twists. But, I’m also easily frustrated, have a short attention span and my resulting word count is feeble. I’m hanging in there, and as I shared with fellow camper and blogger, Sarah (Introverted Blogger), this may be the first time I actually lose one of these challenges.
Alas, enough with the pity party! I’m off to the gym today to get some upper body work in (before everything goes to mush) and buy some bright yellow flowers for my desk. Then I’m going to sit down to catch up on reading blog posts here. It’s time to re-enter the real world and live off something other than chocolate and trash TV.
Sorry to inflict the following on you, but even a commercial from the depths of trash TV seemed better than a picture of a torn medial meniscus.
- Camp NaNoWriMo Update #1: 4K Words In! (prspates.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo: Update (eileenmaki.wordpress.com)
- Scramble for August – Camp Nanowrimo (thepilgrimx.com)
- The Adventures of the Camping Writer (tamararokicki.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo, or Have I Gone INSANE? (melorajohnson.wordpress.com)
- My Writing Process (and Why NaNoWriMo is only for fun) (jessicaburdesblog.wordpress.com)
- Camp NaNoWriMo: I’ve Been Writing! (mollybuffington.wordpress.com)
- Yet another writing challenge (coffeerocketfairytale.wordpress.com)