This week I’m the happy recipient of the Sunshine award from blogging friend introverted blogger! Thank you!
My first award! Wow, what can I say . . . you like me, you really like me. Or not, you know. Whatever.
Anyway, with this prestigious award (even though it’s still dated 2011; maybe someone can help us out with that — I am no computer genius) comes hefty responsibilities. So, let me begin with an acceptance speech. (Cue red carpet.)
I’d like to thank my director, my hairdressers and make up artists, co-stars, and costumers, all the crew, the caterers (especially them) and all the little people who hang on my coat tails and want credit whenever I receive any award.
That said, I’d like to share the wealth by awarding this happy little prize to the following bloggers whose work I really enjoy reading. [Winners, see below for more information.*]
I’d also like to suggest you look at blogs by subtlekate, introverted blogger, and crubin who also delight me with their writing. (Other smart folks have already given them this award.) And, I’d like to mention another great blogger, pouring my art out, to whom I would gladly give the award if I didn’t think he’d wrap it up in fish-smelly newspaper and send it back to me.
Now the harder part, 10 things you might not (want to) know about me:
1. My native language is sarcasm.
2. I love chocolate chip cookies, brownies and most things chocolate but my favorite dessert is Peach Melba (no chocolate). Go figure.
3. I’m a writer and am sure there’s a book in my future. Just probably not one anyone will read.
4. I tap dance naked.
5. I’m a Harry Potter freak. (Well, I read the books, listened to them on tape and saw the movies. I went to one opening night event and one release party just to say I’d done it, but I didn’t dress up so maybe I’m not such a freak after all. Then again. . .)
6. I don’t understand the attraction of the Kardashians, etc., and I don’t watch reality shows. Well, I do kind of like Project Runway because I love the designs and all the gay guys.
7. As a child I envied kids who had lots of family — grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and siblings. But, now that I’ve married into a huge Italian family, all those people freak me out!8. My favorite saying is “Leap and the net will appear” but I’m really not much of a risk-taker.
9. This is more revealing than I’ve been with most people I’ve known all my life, so let’s close with a biggie: my favorite season is Autumn!
10. I might have fibbed about some of the things on this list.
That’s all folks!
*Awardees, I refer you the Versatile Blogger Award site where you can get information on the secret handshake and special responsibilities of winners. While it refers to Versatile Blogger winners, the guidelines are the same except that you can nominate more people and answer fewer questions.